If there is more than one particular state statutory notarial certificate example (as there is for the state of Maine), Docutech’s current practice is to use the notary acknowledgment example from that state’s Real Property section rather than the example from that state’s Notary Public section.
To that end, Docutech has updated the notarial certificates for all Maine generic security instruments and the Maine version of our Loan Modification Agreements, from the example found in 4 M.R.S.A. § 1016(1) (Uniform Recognition of Acknowledgments Act) to the example found in 33 M.R.S.A. § 775(12) (Short Form Deeds Act) which reads as follows:
“Then personally appeared before me this (date) the above named _______________ and acknowledged the foregoing instrument to be his/her/their free act and deed.”
The following documents now contain this updated notarial certificate:
- Cx330 ME Mortgage
- Cx488 ME Mortgage Second
- Cx3060 HELOC Mortgage – ME
- Cx21224 HELOC Security Instrument – ME
- Cx10515 Loan Modification Agreement – Fixed (If state is equal to Maine, new notarial info prints)
- Cx10514 Loan Modification Agreement – ARM (If state is equal to Maine, new notarial info prints)
- Cx1701 Loan Modification Agreement – Fixed (If state is equal to Maine, new notarial info prints)
- Cx4888 Loan Modification Agreement – ARM (If state is equal to Maine, new notarial info prints)
- Cx383 ME Mortgage FHA
- Cx19377 FHA ME Mortgage
These document changes will be in effect on September 13, 2018. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.