Maryland Real Property §3-501 requires that all instruments recorded in Montgomery County have:
- (1) Parcel Identifier assigned by the county,
- (2) the county tax account number for the parcel, if any, and if different from the parcel identifier,
- (3) the recorded legal description of the boundaries of the parcel,
- (4) the street address of the parcel, if it has one,
- (5) the full name and address of each party to the instrument and the nature of each party’s interest, and
- (6) the name of any title insurer insuring the instrument.
We created Cx4039 as an addendum to the security instrument (see https://compliance.docutech.com/2017/08/25/document-updates-maryland-addendum-montgomery-county-cx4039/). This addendum contains the information as required by MD Real Property §3-501.
Section (I) “Riders” on the security instrument, Form 3021 (our Cx329) requires that that all Riders are to be executed by the borrower. As a result, we have added signature lines to Cx4039 so that the borrower(s) can execute the addendum.
This change will be in effect on October 3, 2018. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.