Even though four states refer to themselves as commonwealths (Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Virginia), none of these states use the word “commonwealth” in their respective statutory notarial certificate examples. These notarial certificate examples show the word “state” instead.
In an effort to streamline notarial certificates to be more uniform and compliant, we are removing the word “commonwealth” from the notarial certificates in the following documents:
- Cx4 – Compliance Agreement
- Cx486 – MA Mortgage Second
- Cx505 – PA Mortgage Second
- Cx1332 – HELOC Mortgage
- Cx1348 – HELOC Mortgage – PA
- Cx1514 – AZ Assignment of Deed of Trust
- Cx1516 – AR Assignment of Mortgage
These changes will be in effect immediately. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.