New Redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application
The new redesigned URLA entitled “1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019” (Cx20667) is available for clients to print on ConformX test servers. The print trigger “Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” (field 123494) determines whether the new version (Cx20667) prints or the older “1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application” (Cx4193) prints.
The existing indicator “Print 1003 Loan Application” (field 99880) is a print condition on both the new and the old URLAs. This allows clients to continue to use their current logic to determine if a URLA prints in the document package.
“Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” Global Standard Value Mapping
“Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” (field 123494) defaults to “No” if not populated to ensure that the older URLA version continues to print even if the field is not set.
New Spanish Translation Aid for Uniform Residential Loan Application
“Spanish Translation Aid 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019” (Cx20668) is also available for testing on ConformX test servers. Cx20668 prints when “Print 1003 Loan Application” (field 99880) is “Yes” and “Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” (field 123494) is “Yes”.
A copy of Spanish Translation Aid Cx20668 will print in addition to Cx20667 if one of the corresponding borrowers’ indicators is set to “Yes”:
- Borrower 1 Requested Spanish Documents Indicator (field 62610)
- Borrower 2 Requested Spanish Documents Indicator (field 62611)
- Borrower 3 Requested Spanish Documents Indicator (field 62612)
- Borrower 4 Requested Spanish Documents Indicator (field 62613)
For example, if Borrower 1 and Borrower 2 are on the same copy of Cx20667, and “Borrower 2 Requested Spanish Documents Indicator” is set to “Yes”, a copy of Spanish Translation Aid Cx20668 will print with Borrower 1 and Borrower 2 information on it.
While Cx20668 contains the same Borrower information as Cx20667, there are a few key differences:
- A cover page is included on Cx20668 for each borrower to indicate they have read the information in “Does a Spanish loan application take the place of an English loan application?”. During the eSign process, each borrower who receives Cx20668 will be required to check a corresponding box in either Spanish or English.
- Cx20668 does not include the “Lender Loan Information” pages. This means sections L1 through L5 do not print on this document.
- Borrowers do not sign the last page of Cx20668. Since the Spanish Translation Aid is not the legal application, the phrase “NO FIRME” (phrase means “DO NOT SIGN” in English) appears in the signature lines instead.
“Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” New Field Option for Comparison Testing
Both Cx20667 and Cx4193 will print on the ConformX test servers when “Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” is set to new field option “Test Both Redesigned and Older”. “Print 1003 Loan Application” will still need to be set to “Yes” for the documents to print.
The “Test Both Redesigned and Older” option will only trigger the URLAs to print on the test servers. Since the new option is only intended to be used during testing, neither document will print if this option is selected on ConformX production servers.
Redesigned URLA Available on ConformX Production
Effective June 29, 2019, the red “FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY” banner will be removed from the top of both Cx20667 and Cx20668. The print condition “Test Server” (field 51875) = “Yes” will be removed at the same time from the standard print conditions. This will allow clients to print the new forms on ConformX production servers when “Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” is “Yes”. The redesigned 1003 may be used for applications dated on or after July 1, 2019 and is required for applications dated on and after February 1, 2020.
Redesigned UUTS Available on ConformX Production
The print condition “Test Server” (field 51875) = “Yes” will be removed from “1008 Uniform Underwriting and Transmittal Summary – 12/2018” (Cx22822) to allow the new form to print on ConformX production servers when “Print Redesigned 1008 Underwriting Transmittal” (field 131850) is “Yes”. The redesigned 1008 may be used after the change is put in place June 15, 2019, and is required for applications dated on and after February 1, 2020.
Please note if a value is sent to the new field “Borrower 1 Proposed Supplemental Property Insurance” (field 131691), which prints in the “Proposed Monthly Payment for the Property” section of the redesigned 1008 and redesigned 1003, it will be including in the “Other” monthly expense of the older 1003.
Existing Document Print Condition Changes
The following forms will have the print condition “Print Redesigned 1003 Loan Application” = “No” added by default:
- 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application (Cx4193)
- Redesigned “1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019” (Cx20667) will print in place of Cx4193.
- 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application Bilingual (Cx17663)
- New “Spanish Translation Aid 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019” (Cx20668) will print in place of Cx17663, in addition to redesigned “1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019” (Cx20667).
- 1003 Demographic Information Addendum (Cx20787)
- “Section 7: Demographic Information” is included in the redesigned “1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019”.
- Spanish Translation Aid 1003 Demographic Information Addendum (Cx20788)
- “Sección 7: Información demográfica” is included in the new “Spanish Translation Aid 1003 Uniform Residential Loan Application – 07/2019”.
- Notice of Intent to Apply for Joint Credit (Cx3393)
- 12 CFR Pt. 1002, Supp. I, Paragraph 7(d)(1) – 3 specifically states that “signatures or initials on a credit application affirming applicants’ intent to apply for joint credit may be used to establish intent to apply for joint credit” and refers to 12 CFR Pt. 1002, App. B, which contains ECOA-compliant loan applications (including new Cx20667). Cx3393 was provided as a “stand-alone” document for the provisions of 12 CFR § 1002.7(d)(1), but is no longer needed since Cx20667 performs the same function.
- Addendum to Loan Application (Cx13441)
- Replaced by the “Unmarried Addendum” page that prints on Cx20667 if “Unmarried” is selected for Marital Status.
- Cx13441 currently includes the following notice for Illinois:
“It is the Borrower(s)’ responsibility to obtain machine copies of all forms furnished for application by mail before mailing any signed documents back to the licensee.
Ill. Admin. Code tit. 38, § 1050.1150″
“IL Borrower Information Document” (Cx1206) prints in Illinois Initial Disclosure document packages. Since Cx13441 will no longer print by default when the redesigned URLA prints, the Illinois notice will be added to Cx1206 with some textual changes to better suit the narrative of the document. The text will now say (towards the end):
“Please note that it is your responsibility, before you mail any signed documents back to us, to obtain machine copies of such documents (see Ill. Admin. Code tit. 38, § 1050.1150).”
- VT Addendum to Uniform Residential Loan Application (Cx5107)
- Cx5107 serves a similar purpose as Cx13441, but is based on a model form published by the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation in Banking Bulletin # 23. However, the Banking Division did state the following in their Bulletin (quoted in relevant part):
“Sample forms for . . . residential mortgage loan applications, designed through a cooperative effort by representatives of the industry and this Department, are attached hereto in order to provide guidance to the industry. However, the attachment of such forms should in no way be interpreted to mean such forms are required…mortgage lenders should review their current applications, disclosures and procedures to evaluate any element of risk that may be mitigated through the use of such forms.”
Custom print conditions for the above documents will not be modified unless requested.
URLA Resource Center
Additional information regarding the redesigned Uniform Residential Loan Application can found in the Docutech URLA Resource Center.
Timing of Changes
Removal of the “Test Server” print condition and “FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY” banner from Cx20667 and Cx20668 will take effect
June 29, 2019*. All other print condition changes and the addition of text to Illinois Cx1206 will take effect on June 15, 2019 and are currently available on ConformX test environments.
Clients are encouraged to test the redesigned 1003 and 1008 in ConformX test environments before using on live production loans. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.
DR 291358 & 278528
TW 170908, 260742, & 260972
*Update: Since the GSEs have postponed the optional use date of the 1003, we will not be removing the “Test Server” print condition and “FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY” banner from Cx20667 and Cx20668 at this time. Once the GSEs have finalized the 1003 implementation timeline, we will communicate our revised timeline for these changes.