Pursuant to our monthly audit of GSE and Federal Agency forms, we will be making the following changes to Cx801 and Cx2283:
8821 Tax Information Authorization (Cx801):
Cx801 – a duplicate of IRS Form 8821 – will be updated to match the latest version of the official form (available at: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8821), as follows:
- The revision date will be changed from “January 2018” to “February 2020”;
- The text of Section 7 will change from:
“If signed by a corporate officer, partner, guardian, partnership representative, executor, receiver, administrator, trustee, or party other than the taxpayer, I certify that I have the authority to execute this form with respect to the tax matters and tax periods shown on line 3 above.”
To (new text indicated by italicization):
“If signed by a corporate officer, partner, guardian, partnership representative (or designated individual, if applicable), executor, receiver, administrator, trustee, or party other than the taxpayer, I certify that I have the legal authority to execute this form with respect to the tax matters and tax periods shown on line 3 above.”
- An unsubstantial textual change to the footer and a minor formatting change to Section 3(a).
For Your Protection Get a Home Inspection (Cx2283):
This document is provided pursuant to 24 C.F.R. § 35.88(a)(1) and FHA Single Family Handbook 4000.1 II.A.1.a.ii(A)(4), II.A.8.a.xiv(B)(3), & II.A.9.k.ii and is a duplicate of form HUD-92564-CN (available at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/forms/hud9#group2).
HUD has posted a new version of this form (with an OMB Approval Number expiration date of 06/30/2021) which is very similar to the versions posted prior to November, 2018 (e.g., it is missing a signature area for the homebuyer; see https://compliance.docutech.com/2018/11/13/document-updates-for-your-protection-get-a-home-inspection-cx2283/ for details).
We have confirmed with FHA that this “06/30/2021” version is the one that HUD requires (and was not a mistaken posting of an earlier version of the form), so we will be overhauling Cx2283 to match this newest version. Major changes include:
- Practically replacing the entire text in all five sections of the form;
- Removing the signature area for the homebuyer; and
- Reformatting some of the titles and checklists (e.g., removing the underline under “Get a Home Inspection”, transforming the checklist in the first section into one paragraph, adding a pink border, etc.).
These changes will be in effect on March 10, 2020. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.