Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 60.04.255(1) requires property lenders to provide informational material described in Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 60.04.250 to any one “obtaining loans, the proceeds of which are to be used for residential construction or residential repair or remodeling.”
The forms described in Wash. Rev. Code Ann. §60.04.250 are Facts About Construction Liens, which is our Cx16579 and What You Should Know About Hiring a Contractor, Remodeler or Handyman, our Cx20791. The state has provided model forms for these documents, which they have recently updated. Subsequently, our forms have been updated to match the new model forms.
Cx20791, What You Should Know About Hiring a Contractor, Remodeler or Handyman is a static form, so the previous model has been replaced with the new model.
Cx16579, Facts About Constructions Liens had the following changes made:
- Updated information for finding a sample Release of Lien form
- Additional section entitled, “How to Avoid Lien Problems” added to the final page
- Updated information in the “For More Information” section
- Information added about foreign language support and formats for persons with disabilities added to the bottom of the final page.
- Other minor formatting changes
These changes will be in effect on March 01, 2023. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.