Cx3095, Cx17841, and all custom versions of IRS Form 4506-T have been updated to match the August 2014 version of the form. In addition to a few minor styling and format modifications, the following changes have been made:
1. The following sentence has been inserted under the Title of the form:
“For more information about Form 4506-T, visit www.irs.gov/form4506t.”
2. The Tip section for ordering a transcript has been modified to read as:
“Use Form 4506-T to order a transcript or other return information free of charge. See the product list below. You can quickly request transcripts by using our automated self-help service tool. Please visit us at IRS.gov and click on “Get Transcript of Your Tax Records” under “Tools” or call 1-800-908-9946. If you need a copy of your return, use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return. There is a fee to get a copy of your return.”
3. In line 9 the following sentence and the related checkbox have been removed:
“Check this box if you have notified the IRS or the IRS has notified you that one of the years for which you are requesting a transcript involved identity theft on your federal tax return.”
4. The automated transcript request paragraph in the General Instructions has been modified to read as :
“You can quickly request transcripts by using our automated self-help service tools. Please visit us at IRS.gov and click on “Get Transcript of Your Tax Records” under “Tools” or call 1-800-908-9946.”
5. The fax number listed for the IRS RAIVS Team in Fresno, California has been modified to 559-456-7227.
These changes will take effect on October 21, 2014. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.
October 13, 2014