Upon a standard review of our VA and USDA/RD forms, the following changes were made to Cx17072 and Cx17992 to better align with the model forms:
Edits to Cx17072:
- Minor textual edits to the document that fixed punctuation and verbiage errors.
- Minor changes to the layout of the document that included additional boxes and form data.
- Revision, expiration, and form numbers were updated to match the model form.
- Replaced old language of “…and usually are available from the Department of Veterans Affairs approximately 40 days after the last day of active duty. (See item 3, Archival Records, if the military member was discharged, retired or died in service over 62 years ago)” with new language: “After the last day of active duty, STRs should be requested from the appropriate address on page 2 of the SF 180. (See item 3, Archival Records, if the military member was discharged, retired or died in service more than 62 years ago).
- Page 1/Paragraph No. 2b: Replacement of old language “… you will be notified.” with new language: “…you will receive an invoice with your records.”
- Paragraph No. 3b: Replacement of old language “You will be notified if there is a charge for photocopies of documents contained in the record you are requesting.” with new language “If a fee applies to the photocopies of documents in the requested record, you will receive an invoice. Photocopies will be sent after payment is made.”
- Paragraph No. 4: Addition of the following sentence: “If the designated address is NOT registered to the addressee by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), provide BOTH the addressee’s name AND “in care of” (c/o) the name of the person to whom the address is registered on the NAME line in Section III, item 3, on page 1 of the SF 180. The COMPLETE address must be provided, INCLUDING any apartment/suite/unit/lot/space/etc. number.”
Edits to Cx17992:
- There were minor textual and document formatting changes such as removing the bold text in certain areas of the document.
- Revision date updated to match model form.
- Page 2/Box entitled “Form RD 1980-19, “Loan Closing Report.”
- Replace “… HUD 1 Settlement Statement, Block I” with “Closing Disclosure.”
- Page 2/Box entitled “Guarantee Fee – Payable to USDA or Rural Development.”
- Replace “…on the “Identification of Electronic Delivery” at https://usdaline.sc.egov.usda.gov/USDALineTrainingResourceLib.do with a copy of Form RD 1980-19, “Loan Closing Report” with “… within the “Electronic Doc Delivery” document located at https://www.rd.usda.gov/programsservices/lenders/usda-linc-training-resource-library with a copy of Form RD 1980-19, “Loan Closing Report.””
- Page 2/Box entitled “Form RD 3555-18/18E, Lender Certification.”
- Replace Form RD “1980-18” with Form RD “3555-18.”
These changes will be in effect on August 29, 2017. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.