As previously announced, amendments have been made to Maryland’s laws which no longer require a “preparation certificate” to appear on a mortgage, deed of trust, or an assignment of either, under Md. Real Prop. Law § 3-104(f).
As a result of this change, we will be removing the “preparation certificate” from the following documents:
- MD Deed of Trust (Cx329)
- MD Deed of Trust Second (Cx487)
- MD Assignment of Deed of Trust (Cx1530)
- HELOC Deed of Trust – MD (Cx3040)
- MD Assignment from MERS (Cx4326)
- MD Assignment – INV BLANK (Cx4468)
- FHA MD Deed of Trust (Cx19378)
Please note that the “preparation certificate” has NOT been removed for clients who have customized this part of these documents. Such clients will need to contact their Account Manager or Client Support to request that this certificate be removed, if desired.
This change will take effect October 1, 2017. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.