In Program Bulletin #2019-03, California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA) announced a universal promissory note and universal deed of trust will be used effective for all loan reservations on or after March 1, 2019. CalHFA will continue to purchase subordinate loans that have correct older document versions until July 1, 2019, at which time subordinate loans using older versions may be subject to suspension.
Docutech has verified CalHFA will accept the new forms for all loans closed on or after March 1, 2019. These two new forms will print for loans with a Closing Date (Field 678) on or after March 1, 2019:
- CA Housing – Promissory Note (Subordinate Loan Program) (Cx22989)
- CA Housing – Subordinate Deed of Trust (Cx22990)
This new set will replace the following CalHFA documents:
- CA Housing – ZIP – 2nd Lien Promissory Note – Conventional Only (Cx18657)
- CA Housing – ZIP – 2nd Lien Deed of Trust – Conventional Only (MERS) (Cx18658)
- CA Housing – ZIP – 2nd Lien Promissory Note – FHA Only (Cx17833)
- CA Housing – ZIP – 2nd Lien Deed of Trust – FHA Only (MERS) (Cx17832)
- CA Housing – MyHome Conventional Promissory Note (Cx19876)
- CA Housing – MyHome Conventional Deed of Trust (MERS) (Cx19877)
- CA Housing – MyHome [with FHA or VA First] Promissory Note (Cx19878)
- CA Housing – MyHome [FHA or VA Only] Deed of Trust (MERS) (Cx19879)
- CA Housing – School Program – Note – Conventional (Cx21994)
- CA Housing – School Program – Deed of Trust – Conventional (MERS) (Cx21993)
- CA Housing – School Program – Note – FHA/VA (Cx21996)
- CA Housing – School Program – Deed of Trust – FHA/VA (MERS) (Cx21995)
New Cx22989 and Cx22990 will print when “Closing Date On or After 03/01/2019” (Field 131894) is “Yes”, which is set based off of the Closing Date, and the older sets of documents listed above will print otherwise.
These changes are currently on ConformX Stage servers for testing and will take effect on ConformX Production on February 28, 2019. If you have any question or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.