Cx16920 is provided upon request pursuant to R.I. Gen. Laws Ann. § 44-30-71.3 and 280 R.I. Code R. §§ 20-10-1.7(H), 20-10-1.8(B), 20-10-1.10, 20-10-1.12(D); it is based on the following forms published by the Rhode Island Division of Taxation on their website (http://www.tax.ri.gov/taxforms/nrrewh.php):
- Instructions for Sale Of Rhode Island Real Estate By Nonresidents for Sales on or after 1/1/2015;
- Remittance Form for Sales on or after 1/1/2015; and
- Discharge of Lien.
We will be updating Cx16920 to match the latest versions of these forms. In addition to minor formatting changes, major changes are as follows:
- Adding the Rhode Island Coat of Arms to the upper-left-corner of the “Instructions” form.
- Adding the text, “For Sales On Or After January 1, 2015” under the “Instructions” section.
- Removing the bolded note which appears between Item #1 & #2 of the “Election of Gain Method” section.
- Modifying all instances of “9%” in the “Net Proceeds Method” section of the “Instructions” form, and in “Section A: Net Proceeds Method” of the “Remittance” form, to “7%”.
- Updating the revision dates on the “Instructions” and “Remittance” forms.
- Revising the title of the “Remittance” form to: “Remittance of Withholding on Sale of Real Estate By Nonresident for Sales on or after January 1, 2015”.
- Removing the Telecommunication Device for the Deaf TDD number in the footer of the “Instructions” form.
These changes will be in effect on December 17, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.