Previously Borrowers Home Phone Number (Field 445) printed for all borrower copies in the section labeled “Phone number of taxpayer of line 1a or 2a” of IRS Forms 4506 (Cx23) and 4506-T/4506-C (Cx3095). The following borrower specific fields will now print on the corresponding copy if they are populated:
- Borrower 1 Home Phone (Field 27256)
- Borrower 2 Home Phone (Field 24644)
- Borrower 3 Home Phone (Field 25630)
- Borrower 4 Home Phone (Field 26607)
This change allows the phone number on each borrower’s copy to match up to their name in line 1a of the form. If the corresponding Borrower [1-4] Home Phone is not populated, Borrowers Home Phone Number (Field 445) will continue to print.
No change was made to 4506-T/4506-C Corporation Tax Return (Cx17841) since a corresponding field already prints for “Phone number of taxpayer of line 1a or 2a”:
- 4506T Corporate Return 1 Company Phone (Field 64307)
- 4506T Corporate Return 2 Company Phone (Field 64308)
- 4506T Corporate Return 3 Company Phone (Field 64309)
- 4506T Corporate Return 4 Company Phone (Field 64310)
- 4506T Corporate Return 5 Company Phone (Field 95263)
- 4506T Corporate Return 6 Company Phone (Field 95283)
- 4506T Corporate Return 7 Company Phone (Field 95303)
- 4506T Corporate Return 8 Company Phone (Field 95323)
- 4506T Corporate Return 9 Company Phone (Field 95343)
- 4506T Corporate Return 10 Company Phone (Field 95363)
If the Company Phone field is not populated, the Borrower [1-4] Home Phone fields listed above will continue to print for copies 1 through 4 of Cx17841.
If you use a different copy of IRS Form 4506-C and would like the Borrower [1-4] Home Phone fields to print in place of Borrowers Home Phone, please contact your Client Relationship Manager directly or contact our Client Support Team at 1.800.497.3584.
Cx23 has also been updated to the November 2020 version (available directly at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf) which replaced the list of states in the first section of “Chart for all other returns” with “District of Columbia”.
These changes will be in effect on August 26, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.