We have recently received some questions regarding certain mortgage disclosure forms that have special paper color or delivery requirements. These documents with unique delivery requirements include:
- Cx14885, IN Property Tax Benefits Form
- Cx13354, DC Mortgage Disclosure Form
- Cx3708, VT High Rate/High Points
- Cx16539, CA Important Privacy Choices
The first three documents, Cx14885, Cx13354, and Cx3708 all have slightly different requirements, but are all required to be on colored paper when printed. Docutech cannot accommodate printing on specific colors, so these papers must be reprinted by lenders before given to customers. Specifically:
- Cx14885 – IN Property Tax Benefits Form: According to Ind. Code Ann. § 6-1.1-12-43(c)(3), this form must be printed on gold or yellow paper.
- Cx3708 – VT High Rate/High Points: According to Vt. Stat. Ann. tit 9, § 104 and Vt. Admin. Code 4-2-6, this form must be printed on a single sheet of colored paper.
- Cx13354 – DC Mortgage Disclosure Form: According to D.C. Code Ann. § 1113(a-1)(3) and (8)(C), if the following “Mortgage Disclosure Form” is given to the borrower on a physical piece of paper, it MUST be printed on a single page, front and back, red piece of paper measuring 8.5 by 11 inches. This form is unique of these three forms in that the statutes make it known that it only needs to follow these guidelines this form is physically printed.
The final document, Cx16539 – CA Important Privacy Choices, also has important regulations that must be followed which Docutech cannot accommodate. According to Cal. Fin. Code § 4053(d)(6), if a financial institution has up to and including $25 million in assets, this privacy disclosure must be given with a self-addressed return envelope. If the financial institution has more than $25 million in assets, the envelope must be a self-addressed first-class business reply return envelope OR a self-addressed return envelope and at least two alternative cost-free means for the consumer to communicate their privacy choices.
Each of these forms has or will soon have an instructional cover sheet to remind lenders of these requirements. Docutech cannot accommodate the special color requirements or supply the envelopes, should any of these forms be printed.