Pursuant to our monthly audit of Federal Agency forms and to match the model forms made available through https://www.va.gov/find-forms/, we have updated the VA option of VA Form 26-1859, our Cx47 Warranty of Completion of Construction to match most recent model document published by the VA. The following changes have been made:
- The expiration date has been updated from 9/30/2022 to 1/31/2024
- A new paragraph has been added to the bottom of page one which reads:
- The undersigned Warrantor certifies under penalty or perjury that the property was constructed in compliance with HUD’s Minimum Property Requirement and Minimum Property Standard or VA’s Construction or Proposed or Under Construction Requirements.
- The date in the footer has been updated from 9/2005 to 2/2020
- The HUD Handbook reference has been changed from 4145.1 to 4000.1
- The warning at the end of the form has been changed to:
- Anyone who knowingly submits a false claim, or makes false statements is subject to criminal and civil penalties, including confinement for up to 5 years, fines and civil penalties, (18 U.S.C. 287 .1001 and 31 U.S.C. 3729). Provide completed copies of this warranty to both the home-buyer and the builder, at closing. Include a copy of this warranty in the case binder when sent to HUD.
- Other minor formatting changes to match the model form for VA form 26-1859
These changes will be in effect on May 20, 2023. If you have any questions of concerns about these changes, please contact Client Support at 1.800.497.3584.